If you are looking for a small, friendly B&B with easy parking, a comfortable bed and good food, which is conveniently situated for access to Lyme Regis, look no further. In the heart of the village of Uplyme, approximately 1 mile inland from the town, we are on the half hourly bus route which means you can have a carefree holiday and leave the car behind. Lyme Bay and the surrounding area forms part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site. We are about 5 minutes drive from River Cottage HQ.
- Room One – double bedroom with vanity unit adjacent to spacious private bathroom with deep steel bath and large shower cubicle, Freesat TV, hairdryer and complimentary tea/coffee
- Room Two – double bedroom with en-suite shower/loo etc. Freesat TV, hairdryer and complimentary tea/coffee
- Room Three – twin bedroom with newly fitted ensuite shower/loo etc, Freesat TV, hairdryer and complementary tea/coffee.
- Prices from £75 for two persons sharing double/twin room including full English breakfast or Discounted Rate-from £70 per night when staying for three nights or more
- Welcome Tea tray with Home made Ginger Oat Biscuits (read our reviews on TripAdvisor!)
- Breakfast Conservatory
- Sun terrace
- Free Wi-Fi
- Next door to the village pub-lovely lunches and evening meals
- Children welcome (zed bed and cot available)
- One night bookings taken
- Bus stop outside the house
- Ideal for a walking break-East Devon Way and near South West Coast Path
The house, built in 1927 (by Jenni’s great great Uncle Arthur), has a lovely sunny aspect, in an elevated position facing southwest and overlooking the village green where cricket, tennis and croquet are played.
Westley is on the X51/X53 bus routes to Lyme and beyond which conveniently stop just near the house. The X51 has replaced the old X31 from Dorchester to Axminster. Here it joins the West Country London to Exeter train route at Axminster railway station. At Dorchester there is a connection for Weymouth. Together these buses provide a half hourly service to Lyme and on to Bridport.
Nearby: Village shop/filling station/Post Office (bank facilities), tennis court just opposite the house, available for hire from the village shop (£6 per hour) , East Devon Way for ramblers, croquet club, cricket club, River Cottage Park Farm HQ for Cookery Courses, events and meals (5 mins by car), River Cottage Canteen at Axminster 10 mins by car.
The calendar of events and entertainment in Lyme Regis in 2016 has provided the usual fun days with arts and marine events and musical extravaganzas. Lyme is action packed for entertainment with a good balance of activities. You can look these up on the Lyme Regis Tourist information calendar of events. Just send an email or give us a ring to make a reservation.
Winter reduced rates apply from 1st November 2016, see our prices page for details.
Jenni and Ian Thomson, Westley, Lyme Road, Uplyme, Lyme Regis, Dorset, DT7 3UY
Telephone: 01297 445104 Mobile: 07982 302038
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org